Google+ The Art of Friendly Plastic: Atop My Soap Box... with something important to say.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Atop My Soap Box... with something important to say.

A Few Words on Designers ethical conduct.

As this amazing group of Friendly Plastic enthusiast is growing and sharing their wonderful talents, I thought now would be a good time to talk about the ethical conduct and respect that should be upheld by each and every one of us. I am a fanatic when it comes to ethical behavior in this line of work (Artist/Designer). I see so many Artist/Designers work incredibly hard to make their mark with innovative techniques and styles, to have someone steal them and then call it their own. It is only right to give credit where credit is due.
I hope everyone understands the importance of this. It is the Golden rule… do unto others as you would have them do unto you. As an example…Liz Welch has so graciously shared her lace technique video with us. If any one uses her technique please give her credit as the talented mastermind responsible for this brilliance. And even go one step further and get her permission before using it in your teaching, selling or publication endeavors.

We want this to be a place to freely share our ideas and talents with no worries about evil wrong-doers.
All Rights Reserved! That means for everyone.

1 comment:

Barbara Lees said...

I really appreciate your posting this. It is tender, because we want to share and to inspire, and to help and yet none of us want to see our designs being abused by others.

It is always good to ask myself . how would I feel, if someone else " borrowed" that idea from me? If I would not feel good about it, then I will not borrow myself.

That is a good way to test the ethics of using others ideas, techniques, etc.

All the best from Denmark
/B

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails