Google+ The Art of Friendly Plastic: Layered Dichroic Effects in Friendly Plastic

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Layered Dichroic Effects in Friendly Plastic


This is where the "What If's " comes in....What if I add this??...or that?..... I had a collage beside me of different things I had pulled from Jen's studio to add to this piece.....
Using Jana's technique of applying acrylic casting resin, I applied different things in between layer of resin. Mind you...this was a lengthy process...waiting in between coats for the layers to dry. But, if you did several pieces at a time....it sure is worth the wait and effort. I'm very happy with the result. I will be turning this into a focal pendant...
I started by using Jana's technique of applying alcohol ink to a colored stick of friendly plastic then applied resin between each set of items I layered. I believe there were four layers in all with approximately 12 hours drying time between each layer. It reaches final cure in 72 hours. The piece is still sitting...begging to be finished...but I just couldnt wait ...I had to take a picture! Hope you enjoy!
At the end of the week, we'll shoot a video and show you all the fun stuff we made..
Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Mylene said...

Another gorgeous piece of wearable art!
This video is going to be an epic with all the wonderful ideas you're coming up with... can't wait to see what's next!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails