Google+ The Art of Friendly Plastic: Multi Purpose uses for Friendly Plastic Pellets

Friday, February 27, 2009

Multi Purpose uses for Friendly Plastic Pellets

While we typically think of making beautiful jewelry and mixed media art with Friendly Plastic, sometimes we forget that it has a practical side to it as well. Here, I softened some pellets to make a base to hold my ring by Amate Studios upright. It worked beautifully and kept it level until the casting resin was set. Then I simply heated the pellets again and removed the base....and...I can always re-use blob of pellets again for another handy project.
I'm working on the matching necklace for this ring....so stay tuned!!
Remember... Keep your plastic.......FANTASTIC!

1 comment:

rarelizzie said...

Top tip, Linda. I have used scraps of Friendly Plastic to mend my kitchen bin mechanism - works a treat now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails