Google+ The Art of Friendly Plastic: Friendly Plastic Beads, Bars and Bangles

Monday, March 2, 2009

Friendly Plastic Beads, Bars and Bangles

On news stands now... the Spring issue of Belle Armoire Jewelry.
Beads, Bars and Bangles is my article featuring my Cylinder Technique.

All of the pieces below are part of my Cylinder Collection.
They are created by wrapping Friendly Plastic around flexible rubber tubing that is found in Hobby stores.
What is great about this tubing, is that once the plastic has cooled and hardened the tubing can be removed from the plastic cylinder. You will find all the instructions along with step by step photos featured in the magazine. I hope you will give this technique a try. The creative possibilities are endless.





3 comments:

Mylene said...

What gorgeous eye candy Jana!
I've never managed to bend my cylinders successfully so I'm going to give it another go following your instructions.

Amidei's said...

Jena - After playing with this at Jen's for the past few days, I am amazed at your work. You make it look so beautiful and easy...I can't wait to try this technique.

WendyK said...

Fantastic selection of jewelry, must try that technique

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails