Google+ The Art of Friendly Plastic: Friendly Plastic on the Road - Jen Lowe's Studio - Part 1

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Friendly Plastic on the Road - Jen Lowe's Studio - Part 1

Believe it or not... we really did work hard during our 9 days together to stretch the limits of Friendly Plastic.

While, Jen used her papercrafting skills to create a multitude of Friendly Plastic die cuts - you should see all the butterflies - using a variety of techniques, I was using my polymer clay background to come up with ways to convert polymer clay techniques to those that can be used for friendly plastic. It was a true learning experience to say the least. Some things worked, some were happy mistakes and some just were plain ole FLOPortunities - which Jen somehow found a way to recycle. (watch out - she'll steal your scraps when you're not lookin!)

We sat down the last full day I was there and made a video of all the different techniques we had discovered. Some are just basic, need to know techniques, while others were a little more challenging. Little did I realize that we taped nearly an hour worth of unedited footage - that is until I went to my little "edit bay". That's when I decided to split this video up in to segments. (We STILL have several more techniques and bits of eye candy to share!)

Im happy to share with you Part One of the Road trip! We wanted to share with you a little eye candy - no how-to. We know it will get your creative spirit flowing and we'd love to know what you came up with based on our videos. Do you have a happy mistake you'd like to share? Or a quick and easy technique? I'm looking for those. I'd love to post them - give you credit and I'll select the best technique of the month and send you a little treat!

So grab a cup of coffee, tea...your favorite pasterie and enjoy...

Roll em!...........................


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails