Google+ The Art of Friendly Plastic: Wearable Art in Friendly Plastic and a Shoe Re-Do!

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Wearable Art in Friendly Plastic and a Shoe Re-Do!

Ever have one of those moments like "What the heck was I thinking when I bought those??"....Oh my goodness... Seriously....WHAT WAS I THINKING???? Several years ago I was into an orange mood. I bought an orange shirt and apparently I bought shoes to match. But....I only wore them once....

However, being the creative person that I am, I do have the ability to see potential. And the thought occurred to me that there must be some way to redesign these shoes into something I would wear.

Jana Ewy and I started brainstorming, stuff about friendly plastic and jewelry and this and that...and then I thought to myself.... "Self, why not cover those ugly shoes with Friendly Plastic?" So here's the hunter orange pumps as they started out. The only other purpose for this color would be during hunting season when you're required to wear hunter orange for safety.


I painted them black.....they look better already (and why didnt I think of this years ago?)



I used a take on Jana's fracture and fusion techniqe to cut the plastic into strips and apply them to the shoes....

Added a die cut butterfly made from friendly plastic pellets







And Viola....a pair of shoes that matches any outfit.... there is a secret to the butterfly though...that Im just going to make you wonder about....(onry me)I believe at some point I will teach this as a class....Im sure we ALL have a pair of shoes that need a little bit of help!
If you are a store owner - interested in my classes, feel free to contact me

6 comments:

Jeni Calkins said...

Love these, jewelry for your feet.

Heather said...

The shoes are fantastic and look as if they cost a fortune. If I had young and pretty feet I'd want to wear them all the time. Such a brilliant idea.

Linda Peterson Designs said...

Thanks gals! Im wearing them tonight to a Chocolate party we're having at the melting pot in denver...but sorry...no pics of my toes...lol

WendyK said...

The shoes are fabulous, what a brilliant idea. Knowing my luck the plastic would fall off, leaving me with a mottled pair of blacky orangey shoes.

StampinCarol said...

Great altering of those orange shoes! I love them! They are just so pretty!

Linda Peterson Designs said...

I painted the shoes with acrylic black paint. Between that and the texture of the shoes, the plastic is S-T-U-C-K! But..my feet hurt! I dont think it was the shoes...I think I bought them a size too small....But sometimes a girl just has to sacrafice beauty for comfort....:o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails