Google+ The Art of Friendly Plastic: A Blast from My Friendly Plastic Past

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A Blast from My Friendly Plastic Past

While compiling information for the Blending and Marbling topic of our FP E-cyclopedia, I came across these earrings. Just a little blast from my past. TWENTY years to be exact. I thought you might get a kick out of seeing something that I made so long ago.

These were my favorite earrings. They must have been... since I have saved them for 20 years. What fond memories they give me.
They were created using the oven as my heating method, to soften and fuse the colors and then the blending was done using a T pin (no needle tools or marbling combs back then). After the blending was complete, they were then placed in a hot water bath to re-soften and create the free form design.If you are wondering where the interesting colors came from, Back then when you placed the Royal blue into the oven for an extended period of time, it would begin to change colors to this glorious mauve.

I just may have to re-purpose them into something new, so I can wear them again. I thought these were such a work of art, and you can see that I even had a thing for a little sparkly BLING back then.

3 comments:

Mylene said...

The Royal Blue must have been the original hypercolour!
Thanks for that blast from the past Jana.

my tiny treasures said...

Beautiful! I love the free form design.
I'm excited to give friendly plastic a try!
Thank you for sharing!

flowers said...

I love your website, seriously. I read it daily via my Greader
Buy bangles

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails