Google+ The Art of Friendly Plastic: Road to Creativity with Friendly Plastic

Friday, July 24, 2009

Road to Creativity with Friendly Plastic

I love it when I get that google alert that says "friendly plastic" and I realize it's undiscovered talent. That is until now.....she's been discovered on this blog to say the least.

Today's feature talent is Rena Sawatski from Alberta, Canada. Her blog Road To Creativity highlights some of her multi-talents. She has a love for handmade books, rubber stamping and altered art. Recently she entered a swap who's theme was friendly plastic.

Read on as she shares her story about her first experience in working with FP:


Over on CC Swaps one of the current swaps was to create something with friendly plastic. I have never really played with this medium so thought I would give it a try.

I started by cutting 3 different pieces of friendly plastic and placed them together on a craft sheet and heated them, then ran an old comb through them.

I took a small piece of chipboard and embossed it with pearl embossing powders and added texture with a stamp. I then glued the friendly plastic to it. I attached a piece from an old earring to the top, then added some seed beads.

I cut out a woman's face and attached it to a flattened pop bottle cap. I added a coloured page pebble, and then realized it was actually a tag shape so had to cover the hole somehow, so I put some crystal laquer on it and added more seed beads.

The final touch was to attach an old earring from which I removed the back.

This will be making it's way to Sweetpea in the next few days.

Im a little jealous of "SweetPea" to say the least. The texture in this piece is great and I love the vintage look...and the fact that she used many different mediums. Great Job Rena!

Do you have a FP story that you would like to share? EMAIL ME and I'll feature you as a guest artist too!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails