Google+ The Art of Friendly Plastic: Welcome to the STARVING ARTIST PLAYGROUND

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Welcome to the STARVING ARTIST PLAYGROUND

Last year....88 degrees......this year....

Photobucket
Personally.....I was more prepared for 88 degrees...

Photobucket

At 8:30 sharp...all the kids arrived and we welcomed them with a sign....
Photobucket


Today the play begins.....but not until a morning meeting......So we all gathered around the "campfire" aka kerosene heater in the garage to be welcomed...and to hear the playground rules.....

Anyone who is "naughty" wears the naughty hat....you can be naughtay for leaving a mess...running with scissors or just a whole heap of things....but if you're caught...you wear the naughty hat....Jen demonstrates....

Photobucket

Just before the play shops begin....the shopping mall opens....Shelly is shopping at Jana and Liz's mall...

Photobucket

My playground was full....and we made "rocks" cuz sometimes as Forrest Forest Gump says...."there are just not e-nuf rocks"... But we made rocks using pellets, embossing powders and inks..

Here's my kids...
Photobucket

Tina's 'rockin' out.....
Photobucket

and here's their rocks...which will be slathered with envirotex tonight...

Photobucket

At the same time a wire wrapping class using our FP beads and rocks we made yesterday was underway.

Photobucket
GREAT JOB KIDS!

Downstairs Rose from Wales is making opal pendants in Jody's class

Photobucket

Some of Jody's class samples for inspiration....

Photobucket

Shelly is taking Colleen's watercolor class
Photobucket

At lunch we went back to the campfire where each kid was handed a goodie bag of crafty candy....stamps...pendants....chocolate of the 'galaxy chocolate" kind...more stamps...pens, paper pads...just fun stuff...then we gave away door prizes.

This afternoon we had "faux dichro" and Ooze Friendly Plastic classes

Becky from AMACO one of our sponsors, takes Liz Welch's Oooze class

Photobucket
..and so did Jana


Photobucket

A couple of metal clay workshops, Susan's Nicho boxes, more Friendly Plastic and more fun...and I gotta tell ya I am wiped out.......and to top it all off...Jen and I still have a Friendly Plastic face off to do!!!!

I wish I could share all the pictures of today...and I will share more tomorrow...stay tuned to more highlights

I do have to say a HUGE THANK YOU TO JEN LOWE - her organizational skills made this event a HUGE success going down without a hitch and a special thanks to all her co-chairs, Susan, Jodi, Kathy for their help too in making this event a memorable one for all of us!
GREAT FUN!

I would share more...but supper is ready....

3 comments:

signsoftimensuch said...

everything looks so amazing!!! I love it all! hugs, cheryl

di from di-did-it said...

this looks like so much fun! I wish I was there!

Torrey said...

Thank you for sharing, Linda! I can at least live vicariously through you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails