Google+ The Art of Friendly Plastic: Friendly Plastic and Polymer Clay by Kris Smith

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Friendly Plastic and Polymer Clay by Kris Smith

As a polymer clay artist and addict, I was a little hesitant at first to try Friendly Plastic...in fact my first attempts were less that pleasant.  Im not a quitter though and I was determined to learn the curve even if it made me crazy.  Im so glad I did because the reality is .... Friendly Plastic is a wonderful medium, that can do things polymer clay can't and vise versa.  It's a great compliment to polymer clay as you will see in this post by Kris of KriSmithBlog.  She Share's her story:



My friend Marlys and I took a class on bead making. We made beads from Friendly Plastics. It was a lot of fun. This is a bracelet that I made out of two of the Friendly plastic beads that Marlys made and several of my polymer clay beads.






We took the class through the DSM Public Scools Community Education. Check it out.


www.dmps-adulted.org/classes.html






Robin Paul taught the class and we had a great time.


http://www.madhausgallery.com/









There are two upcoming events featuring polymer clay beads and Friendly  Plastic:

Cool2Craft - Monday May 10 - Polymer clay beads
Cool2Craft - Monday May 17 - Fun with Friendly Plastic

Check the website for your local times.  http://www.cool2craft.com/

Friendly Plastic is available at:  http://www.friendlyplasticmarketplace.com/
Online classes - CrafTECHUniversity.com


Linda Peterson is compensated and endorsed by AMACO. The guests features may or may not have any affiliation with AMACO.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails