When heated, it becomes soft, pliable and moldable. As it cools, it becomes harder. It can be heated multiple times depending on the technique you are using.
How to make Beads with Friendly Plastics
Designed by Linda Peterson
- Friendly Plastic sticks in your choice of colors
- Cloud Clay - white
- Jewelry Findings
- Bead Caps
- Jump rings
- Clasps or toggles
- Basic Jewelry Tools
- Non-stick work surface
- Create several pea size balls with Cloud Clay
- Cut a square of plastic with scissors - experiment with size of square to create desired size of bead
- Place Friendly Plastic over the top of clay ball and heat just until it slumps
- Coat hands with lotion to prevent sticking.
- Remove plastic and ball from mat and fold plastic over the clay to encase.
- Form the desired shape bead
- Poke hole with toothpick or headpin through the bead.
- Thread bead onto headpin, place on bead cap, spacer bead and form a loop with round nose pliers. Attach to charms and chain as desired with jump rings.
Linda Peterson is compensated and endorsed by AMACO. The guests features may or may not have any affiliation with AMACO.