Gather your Friendly Plastic, Outline Stickers and your Copic Markers and let’s have some fun!
SPONSORED VIDEO - AMACO.COM
How to create the Faux Cloisonne Effect on Friendly PlasticBy: Linda Peterson
- Friendly Plastic Pellets – 1 oz
- Distress Embossing Powder (Optional) In color of choice
- Copic Markers in colors of choice – select 3 to 4 colors (alcohol based ink or markers)
- Outline Stickers of choice
- Aleene’s Decoupage Medium – glossy (acrylic sealer)
- Non-stick Sheet
- Heating device (heat gun/tool, griddle or oven)
- Jewelry findings of choice
- Pendant back
- Jump rings
- Miscellaneous beads
- Jewelry findings such as bead caps etc.
- Jewelry Making tools: pliers; round nose plier
- Bowl of cold water
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Heat pellets until clear on a non-stick sheet.
- Mix in embossing powders by kneading into plastic. (re-heat to soften if necessary)
- Shape into a round disk or cabochon
- Wipe clean with Rubbing alcohol
- Apply outline sticker to the top of disk
- Color in plastic as desired, blending in colors
See our top 10 ideas on how to use pellets - click here
Where to buy Outline Stickers? They can be found store in the scrapbooking section (or do a google search for online resources)
What if I don't have Copic Markers? You can still make this project. Substitute any alcohol based marker or ink such as pinata or adirondak inks, just grab a paintbrush and a little rubbing alcohol and paint on the color for a similar effect. These inks are transparent and allow the color of the foil to show through. I particularly like Copic makers because they are so pigmented and juicy. The colors blend together well. Play and experiment with other types of markers too and see what you can come up with!
Stay tuned, I have a video coming up that will take this technique a little step further with an easy way to bead around your cabochon!
Linda Peterson is compensated and endorsed by AMACO. The guests features may or may not have any affiliation with AMACO.