Colorizing Friendly Plastic Pellets with Embossing Powders
- A quarter size amount of Friendly Plastic Pellets
- Embossing Powder in color(s) of choice
- Heat tool
- Non-stick worksurface
- Needle Tool
- Jump rings
- Earring wires
- 2 Circle links (optional) or use other jewelry findings of choice.
- Miscellaneous beads (optional)
- Jewelry pliers - round nose
- Wire cutters
- Step 1: Heat pellets on non-stick worksurface until they are clear. Sprinkle on embossing powders. Allow them to cool slightly before handling.
- Step 2: Massage embossing powders into plastic until they are mixed in. Pull off a small pea size portion of plastic.
- Step 3: Roll pea size portion of plastic into a ball, flatten with hand and shape into a leaf (teardrop shape)
- Step 4: If necessary, apply more heat to soften plastic and use a needle tool (toothpick) to creat vein marks in leaf to give dimension. Make a small hole in the top.
- Step 5: Assemble earrings by inserting a jump ring into the hole of the leaf and then onto a circle link. Attach circle link to earring wire with additional jump ring. Make a beaded dangle by threading a bead onto a headpin and then creating a loop at the top with round nose pliers. Trim off excess wire and add dangle to earring.
Linda Peterson is compensated and endorsed by AMACO. The guests features may or may not have any affiliation with AMACO.